Wednesday 21 November 2007

what would pingu do?

when cable (or pay) tv arrived in oz the government regulatory authority passed what it called "anti-siphoning laws", intended to protect programmes of mass interest (like the cricket) from being inveigled away to cable-only stations. well, the safeguards aren't working. my 1 year old nephew, zoom, keeps ringing me up and telling me about a show called "pingu" which, alas, isn't on free-to-air television. so i can't see it. this aint right. it's also not right that a 1 year old has cable and i don't. next year he'll probably be earning more than me, too. memo to the minister for communications: free pingu.

3 comments:

Gretta James said...

Pingu is pants.

I can't believe you have to pay to have it.

Gretta x

coffeesnob said...

well, he's no "wallace & gromit". yes. but my nephew swears by him.

Little sausage said...

PINGU ROOLZ OK