Wednesday 11 April 2007

taking the curtain call

kind thoughts to all who've hoovered up the "casting call" post. and for the praise a-plenty. très flattering. though i think it is a little on the soupy side. it's intended as a reply to phillip larkin's poem "talking in bed". itself a wonderful coda on the incongruity of physical closeness and emotional distance. and to the mush-loving women who come this way, catching their heels on the grate and spilling the contents of their bags all over my comments page, i'm just letting you know i'm giving this subject a rest for a little while. will a week do for you? i'm not an expert. believe me. so to avoid becoming the fabio of blogopolis i'm going to whine and opine about other things.

3 comments:

Peach said...

hello again - after I found found found you I lost lost lost you for a few days, apologies I didn't comment back - I do have an email if you wanna write to me, or pop by and say hello on my site too while you're larkin about avoiding the lush

Anonymous said...

Please don't become the Fabio of blogopolis. The bird that flew into his face when he was on a rollercoaster - so not attractive. Not that he ever was -shudders-

Ordinary Girl said...

This subject, any subject, I'm sure you will not disappoint us!