Friday 13 July 2007

joy in the morning

the best way to increase the general happiness of the population, especially in the mornings, is for breakfast cereal makers to resume the practice of enclosing toys in their cereal boxes. (it should be guaranteed by the constitution.) else why bother to get up at all? anyway here are a few things i'd like to find at the bottom of my weetbix box:

yo-yos
mood rings
simpsons action figures
a ticket in a win-a-segway competition
apple's iphone.

are you listening kellogs?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

brilliant!

Unknown said...

That scheme used to provoke fierce fights in our house. Never forgave my father for incessantly beating me to the new cereal packets.

Anonymous said...

Do you drive or ride a Segway?

coffeesnob said...

no. do you know anyone who rents them out by the hour?

Anonymous said...

my only experience comes from Gob (Arrested Developmet). Wouldn't mind seeing you driving/riding on the local freeway though...

Len said...

else why bother to get up at all?

That's what I asked myself this morning too.

Vi said...

They still give toys away in cereal boxes in the UK. When I was back in OZ 3 years ago with my kids, they were mortified there wasn't any toys in the cereal boxes. It helped me out, because it meant I could buy the cheapest cereal without complaint of no toys being in them!