Tuesday 10 July 2007

monet, monet, monet

ok that's enough of the abba joke.

anyone who finds themselves adrift in central london with nothing much to do should buzz over to the royal academy and point their eyes at the "impressionists by the sea" exhibition. so much to admire.

no. we don't envy london its weather, its traffic, or its general squashiness. but we are terribly jealous of its access to high culture. when the world's grown-ups are talking oz usually gets sent to its room. dash it.


the pix featured is courbet's "the sea-arch at etretat" (1869) and, strictly speaking, is not impressionist. for once i'm not complaining.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love London... been there twice!

Cath said...

I concur... been there many times. I do love the national portrait gallery and the V&A.

Rosanna said...

I absolutely adore London and am insanely jealous of anyone who lives there. The moment I finish uni I know where I'm moving to!

As for The Impressionists, they are a glorious bunch. Monet's Waterlillies is one of my favourite, and even though Degas rejected the term - his ballet dancers are divine.

Divine divine divine. I spent hours staring at them in the Musee D'Orsay.

Oh, don't get me started on art. I love it.