Monday 2 July 2007

some honesty at last

leafing through the girlie magazine section of the sunday broadsheet it was nice to finally see an article on health-and-fitness which told the truth. usually they get away with any amount of fashionable flim-flam. maybe they've figured out facts can't hurt? or that women are sick of being lied to? anyway, these were the salient points:

1. running isn't injurious.
2. pilates is useless for fitness or weight loss (hallelujah!).
3. yoga doesn't fix bad backs.

though i would have liked to see "you are kidding yourself if you think walking is exercise". but we can't have everything.

it's a start.

3 comments:

Len said...

Eh, walking is more exercise than nothing at all.

coffeesnob said...

only if you're jabba the hut.

~Angel~ said...

Well ...
I walk my dog regularly and I love yoga AND I am verrrry fit and definitely NOT fat ....

(PS) I hate the gym!!

XO
~Angel~