Friday 10 August 2007

trying the new cat on for size

thankfully the new cat has found something it likes more than brawling—eating. although putting a collar on it was an interesting experience. the cat is unusual. it has black whiskers and black pads on its paws (like it's just been fingerprinted by the police). it also sometimes forgets to retract its tongue. the mobile vet said to keep it inside, in home detention, for 4 weeks before letting it out, lest it do a runner. so i'm giving myself that time to come up with a name for it. it would be so much easier if it was one of those hairless cats. then i'd simply call it "hollywood". so far the names i'm considering are:
tunbridge wells
soccermom (it is a female)
and coco.
the first two are funny but defamatory (what could be more unflattering than the epithet "soccermom"?). coco is apt because it has a black bob and slender legs which reminds me of coco chanel. ultimately it doesn't really matter. as the other cat, cinnamon, has at least a dozen names. my favourites being:
turbulence
whirlwind
wheezy
gassy
hippo
dingus
tumbleweed
fatso
and streaky pants.

5 comments:

Cath said...

Personally I like giving animals people names..... For her I reckon, Jezebel.

B said...

coco is nice but why not just call her chanel! I like that:)

Len said...

I see from the picture you've already called her coco.

a&v said...

Oooh, soccermom is a nice touch. You could call her soccs for short! My cat is named Margie--an utterly dull name because she likes to put on airs. I thought it'd serve her right. She also has a zillion other names.

Anonymous said...

what about miss mao.